Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist

Peugeot 308: there ,I have a 2011 Peugeot 308 e-Hdi.Car

Customer Question

Hi there ,
I have a 2011 Peugeot 308 e-Hdi.
Car runs fine , except for the Start&Stop that never worked. I bought the car used about 1 year ago , so i would say that is strange.
I never got any kind of error in the beggining , but all of a sudden , the display shows me "engine fault repair needed" and shuts down eco.
Usually after the car is stopped for a few hours the error goes away...
Any thoughts on what it might be? Sensor malfunction maybe???
Oh , and today i have that orange engine light fixed on the display.
The car never lost any power or do i notice any kind of issues , well maybe a bit more fuel comsuption when it happens.
Any help would be apprecieted.
Best regards,
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just went to the car ,it has been about 2 hours since i last used it. started it , the orange light is no longer fixed....
The eco error remains.
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Kevin the Eco error will stay all the time there is a fault code stored that is considered to be possible to prevent car from restarting . The fault could literally be anything from a oxygen sensor to a brake position switch the only way to find the cause is to have fault codes read from engine management system using a diagnostic tool
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Kevin,Thank you for your answer , the issue here is that regarding the eco error , its not something thats always there.Even when i have no error on the car the Start&Stop simply does not kick in.... In 1 year usage of the car i think this is very strange.
Ill try to get a reading with a tool.... but ive done this , and no error , except from time to time when it appears....
A reset on the errors and its gone... but no Start&Stop , weird....
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

what were the errors reset the car may see a fault and not log code but if it sees it multiple times itwill log fault but in the time between may still prevent start stop usage