Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a UK spec mkiv supra TT , btw originally

Customer Question

***** *****, I have a UK spec mkiv supra TT hi, btw originally they didn't come with center stop lights at the rear fitted as the LED's hadn't been made legal in the uk. They are legal now and I've brought the oem light from japan and it has been put into the car and connected but it isn't lighting up at the moment so am trying to work out if there is an additional fuse needed or have the fitters plugged the connector upside down or something silly like that
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: pressing brake pedal lights up the normal tail brake lights fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. In some cases additional programming may need done by a dealer in order for the lights to operate properly here.I have seen this on several models when light systems are fitted that are factory for vehicles as some times the computers may be programmed differently.If this has not been checked into I would have this done to see if this is all that is needed here.If this has been done already and there is no programming let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete