Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I bought a vw golf and the stereo is locked no

Customer Question

***** ***** I bought a vw golf and the stereo is locked no code with paper work
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the stereo is in safe mode
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases the code needs obtained from a dealer.They may not charge for this code if you provide info on proof of ownership and a photo ID.Another possible option is the link here neither of these are options for you let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you get the radio code without removing t
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately I am unable to get the code myself and in some cases the radio will have to be removed to get the serial number from it to then obtain the code needed.If you would like I can always open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete