sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Pearl JA: What is your issue regarding? Customer: 2007

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: 2007 BMW 335i E93 convertible
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Roof leaking
JA: Anything else I can tell the BMW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Around the C pillar on the driver's side
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. I need to get the vin number so I can first check for any related service bulletins to see if this is a known issue
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Eric!VIN is JZ94000.History: someone crashed into the front passenger side as I was travelling forward late October 2015. Repair included a new wheel, wing, door, steering rack (mandated by BMW apparently), and minor repairs to the rear panel. As it needed repairing anyway, I opted for a full respray. Apparently the roof panel and seals were removed for the respray. The roof was leaking when I got the car back.After multiple trips back to the insurance bodyshop after they had allegedly repaired the roof leaks, they gave up, and outsourced the repair of the leaky roof to a BMW dealer. They recommended worn seals be replaced and the drains be cleared. Done. Still leaking. Been back to them a number of times since. Picked up the car (again) yesterday. Yep. Still leaking, but at least it's now just the C pillar on the driver's side. (Now there's also buffeting noise from the roof at motorway speeds. Rear brakes were replaced. Dealer said let them bed in, see if that solves that particular problem.)I've been told the chassis has been confirmed perfectly straight after the accident during the repair by the bodyshop i.e. it didn't need straightening. Apparently the BMW dealer has adjusted the roof panel alignment, but I don't believe they used any special tools (ref: http://bit.ly/1MmCj0m).Can you give me any information to help steer the dealer in the right direction to help them solve the problem? e.g. a service bulletin number that says the roof needs to be aligned using special tools after an accident? or that seal replacement needs to be done in a particular way? or that the roof should only be serviced by a BMW technician who has attended a course on the E93 RHT?Thanks in advance!
Brian
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the top is leaking although the seals have been replaced then there has to be an alignment issue.Are you able to upload a picture of the exact leak spot?Do you have pictures showing the previous body damage?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi sprinkles08,The "+ Add files" function isn't working here on Just Answer.