Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

My battery is dead and the bonnet release cable wont open the

Customer Question

my battery is dead and the bonnet release cable wont open the bonnet, how do I get the bonnet open
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: 2009 mini cooper s
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: the car has been lying for over a year
JA: Anything else I can tell the BMW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: the problem I have is that I cant get into the bonnet to change the battery
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Hi. Have you had an assistant pull up on the bonnet while you are pulling the release cable?