sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Nisson stalls after ten minutes thenall the time JA: The

Customer Question

nisson stalls after ten minutes thenall the time
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  SaabTech replied 8 months ago.
Hi, does or did it restart after sitting a while?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you drive along the road It cuts out while driving I then stop the car and if I then try again to start it the engine takes about 30+ seconds to restart.
Expert:  SaabTech replied 8 months ago.
Can you please give me a better description of the vehicle? i.e. year, model, engine. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nissan Xtrail 2.2 diesel T30 2007
Expert:  SaabTech replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, I'm not a diesel expert so I'll have to opt out. Thanks for your understanding
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that can cause the engine to die. It may be a fuel delivery issue or simply a restricted fuel filter, or it may be an electrical issue. If it's losing cam or crank sensor signal or the engine controller is going down for instance then the engine will die.the first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to check for fault codes. If there is an electrical issue then there should be a code stored that will give a starting point for diagnosis.