Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have a Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2010 mod.Tomorrow I

Customer Question

Hi.I have a Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2010 mod.
Tomorrow I hav an EU-control and my brake light is not working on my left backlight.
The cables/light are new; and I had to rebuild the wiring to get it to match the old wiring.
I had to swap the yellow wire from the contact to the green from the middle light to get the
signal-lamp to match.Wiring from contact;
-black-Earth
-Yellow-Signal Light
-Brown-back light
-green-reverse lightWhat is controlling the brake light?
The yellow I had to cut from the lowest lamp/back light)is not connected.
Does it need to be? It gets the backlight from the brown, and that light works good.
does it get the brake light from the same wire? is there fuses infront og each lamp on each side?
Or is there a relay controlling each side brake light?best regards *****
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I would start with rechecking the wiring to be sure you have them connected properly. I have enclosed the factory wiring diagrams in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Tail%20light%20Apr%208.pdfhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Break%20light%20Apr%208.pdf