Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Volvo V70: Eric on board computer on my V70 has gone black

Customer Question

Hi Eric on board computer on my V70 has gone black on me can't radio or any of the functions on it? Car is four years old
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, Ok, when you say the on board computer has gone black, do you mean the navigation/audio screen, the DIC(driver information control) or instrument cluster panel? I also need the vin number to pull the schematics. Please remember that I am not there and therefore may need additional information at times
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good morning Eric,
It's the navigation/audio screen where I also have my sensors etc. I have no radio, audio or bluetooth at the moment. This has happened before once it reset itself somewhat bizarrely and the second time I had it fixed at service time in the Volvo garage.
Problem is now it was a company car that I bought when I took my settlement deal and I am now self-employed.
I have no response at the moment on radio, media or telephone functions and the screen appears frozen.
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,Ok, I need the vin number so that I can pull the schematics for the navigation/audio unit
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Eric, what is the vin number and where would I get this?
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, The VIN number should be in one of the corners of the dash where it meets the windshield. You look thru the windshield to see it. It will also be on a tag on the driver door or door sill. It will also be on any vehicle registration, as well as insurance card
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, found it. YV1BW84A1C1232735. As I say the system has just gone unresponsive, no radio, media or phone use possible. Hope you can help, it is most frustrating. Just seems like there should be a simple reboot?
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, Ok, for some reason I dont have the schematics for this one. I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help