Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

2006 Pajero 3.2 DiD showing error code 41 and has very poor

Customer Question

2006 Pajero 3.2 DiD showing error code 41 and has very poor performance. Does not smoke excessively. My mechanic can't find problem. Solenoids, vacuum hoses and engine ECU have been tested and show no faults.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Engine was replaced as it developed a crack in no.1 piston. After complete engine replacement this error code has come up.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, Ok, in addition to what has been tested, he should check for any carbon build up in the intake manifold and clean if needed, especially if this is an used engine he installed - a carbonized intake will set this code