Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My legacy from 1993 will stall sometimes in the strangest moments...

Customer Question

JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: if I put the gear in neutral and start the car again it runs again as if nothing has happened
JA: Anything else I can tell the Subaru Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: OK i try to explain completly first before I hit the enter button
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My Legacy Subaru Legacy 2.0 Gl U9 85 KW Automatic.
Stalls often during driving.
The complete power falls away the RPM decend and it stalls, even if you put down the throttle during the process...While rolling the car on the highway with the engine out, I put it in neutral, restart the key and start the engine again putting the gear in drive and roll on again as if nothing has happened.sometimes the car does a couple of 100 miles without stalling and sometimes it stalls multiple times in a short time...-replaced the knocksensor (22060AA61, 22060AA31, 22060AA140, not sure which one) (which wasn't there at all, i think, after this it didn't stall for 900miles, but eventually it did) and replced many other sensors
-replaced the fuelpump
-cleaned the idle air controllerany idea? maybe also replace the camshaft sensor?
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question Ok, most the time this a faulty crankshaft position sensor that is dropping out and causing the engine to die. The other likely cause would be the cam sensor, but I would replace the crank sensor first
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks