Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Daily: I have an iveco daily 2012 Reg when I Rev around

Customer Question

Hi I have an iveco daily 2012 Reg when I Rev around 2000 revs get a judder and lots of blue smoke the past 3000 revs all the way is fine what could this be
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionIs there any fuel in the oil?Any loss of mileage?Is the check engine light on?Any loss of oil? Please remember that I am not there to inspect it, therefore I rely on you for as much information as possible
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It looks like a leak from oil filter and it has been one year since it was changed,
Also engine warning light came on and van went into limp mode edc light came on then the van would lose so much power it would basically stop and not start again after a while engine cool it would start .
I fault it was the dpf so had this removed now no engine fault and van revs really well and drives except blue smoke when you Rev fast and at 2000 revs it kind of makes a double judder sometimes you can Rev it and there is no judders just it its more gentle.
I have replaced air flow and air filterAnd need to service engine oil and filter plus fuel filter today.
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,Ok, thanks for the additional information, but you didnt answer whether there is fuel in the oil, so you need to check the oil on the oil dipstick tube and smell it as well to see if there is fuel in it. If there is, then there is a leaking fuel injector. If not, then this going to be either a sticking valve or worn valve seals and guides causing oil to get into the combustion chamber and being burned.