Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

Neither smart key does anything. the batteries in both have

Customer Question

neither smart key does anything. the batteries in both have been replaced within the last few weeks so they are ok. The car just remained locked and immobile
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No. Its just dead. I managed to get in via the passenger door using the emergency key. But nothing works; not even the glove box.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: The car battery? Don't know. The car is 6 years old. I don't think the battery has been replaced
JA: Anything else I can tell the Jaguar Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not much else to tell
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
hi im Kevin do interior lights work? do the lights come on when switch is turned ?