sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a quashi 2007 full service 1000 miles ago took back

Customer Question

hi I have a quashi 2007 full service 1000 miles ago took back because oil light kept flickering they to put 31/2 ltrs of oil in there is blue smoke on start up but seems to go I have seem the odd bit off smoke when accelarting on the moter way
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Blue smoke does indicate oil is burning. Blue smoke when accelerating is usually caused by piston ring/cylinder wall issues, but PCV system issues or valve guide/seal leakage could also be the cause, if it's a diesel engine then the problem could also be a failed turbo.Was the oil actually that low or was oil simply added? If it's overfilled then it will burn off and cause smoke.Is the level dropping again now?Do you have a gas or diesel engine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Diesel engine no the oil was empty on dip stick that's what needed to put in to make it full when it had its service its was oil and filters etc
Did the oil consumption and smoke start suddenly or did it progress gradually?Is there any abnormal noise?how does the engine run?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Only had the car a few months car runs great just the oil issues
Was it using this amount of oil when you bought then? Was it smoking when you bought it?