sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Im having 3 rd time same issue,my coolent or water after

Customer Question

hi im having 3 rd time same issue,my coolent or water after some time driving my qashqai 2008 gets boiling without rising the temperature on the metar,i have changed the head gasket termostat and it still does the same
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes,basicaly the water from the tank boiles and sprays on the engine witch makes smoke and after some time all the coolent spils out from the tank
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont want a live phone call i need a reply
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the coolant is boiling yet the engine isn't overheating then it's either due to air in the system or the radiator cap isn't able to hold proper pressure.Where is the coolant spraying from when this happens?The engine never runs above normal operating temperature?How was the cooling system bled after it was open?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the engine is working in the normal temperature all the time,once this thing happens the coolent is spraying exacly in the area where is the cap of the tank for the coolent and once is opened the coolent is overheated.once opening the coolent tank the preasure is strong and almost all of the coolent runs out down the car.
How are you bleeding the cooling system?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok its the radiator tank coolant which is boiling after long run and it sprays out from the coolant tank cap and building pressure ,and the heat of the engine is not shown on the heat meter as i have changed the head gasket and thermostat ,should i change the cap of coolant tank and will it effect my car engine
If the system is being bled correctly, there isn't a combustion leak and the engine isn't overheating yet you're losing coolant from the radiator cap then yes, you'll need a radiator cap. If it can't hold pressure then it will allow coolant to escape and will allow boiling.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
one more thing when i put AC on this thing doesnt occur i mean the water doesnt boil but still doubt in my mind when i am driving so i keep on checking on this
The only thing turning the a/c on would change is that would cause the cooling fan to run constantly, which will keep the radiator a bit cooler.