Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

I have an ASTRA 1.7CDTi '53' plate. As I was pulling awa

Customer Question

Hi, I have an ASTRA 1.7CDTi '53' plate. As I was pulling away from my house the engine cut out and would not restart. After a short while it started again but would cut out as soon as you got to about 1500rpm. Air filter is new, as is fuel filter. thinking after reading plenty of blogs is fuel pump problem?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, while this may indeed be the fuel pump failing, if the check engine light is on, then you need to have the codes read as it may be the crank sensor, the TP sensor, or the APP sensor if equipped.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Had the crank sensor replaced 4 months ago after similar but less severe response from car, that worked until now?
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, While possible the new one failed prematurely, if check engine light is not on, then I dont suspect it. If the check engine light is on, then we need to scan the computer with scan tool for codes. Otherwise, I suspect the fuel pump