Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

The car runs fine then suddenly cuts out when i restart it

Customer Question

the car runs fine then suddenly cuts out when i restart it starts fine but have no throttle at all have to turn off leave for 20-30mins before runs ok again
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: not sure only bout car 4weeks a go
JA: I can help you talk to the mechanic. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: bout ford focus 1.6 diesel 4weeks a go but last week started cutting out it would restart fine and running ok but no throttle at all would have to turn off wait 20-30 mins then starts and runs fine someone said could be throttle sensor but then i was told there is more then one
JA: OK. The mechanic will know what to do. Anything else I can tell the mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: on
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question This may be an issue with the throttle body or APP(accelerator pedal position) sensor if equipped, but I need to know the year of your vehicle to know