Nathan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 20+ yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.

A4: Central locking not working on divers door but dus on rest

Customer Question

Central locking not working on divers door but dus on rest of car and e/ windows not working all just stop at same time on A4 2001
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hi there. Welcome to ja.comI hope I can help you today. From what you have said it is most likely a break in the wiring loom going to the drivers door. This is quite common and will more than likely be in the wiring between the door and the a post. What happens over time with the door opening and closing the wires get hard and then break. What you will need to do pull the rubber cover back from over the wires and you will then more than likely see the wire that has broken so then you can solder the wires back together and then wrap insulation tape around it and then refit the rubber cover. All should be back working again then. I have had to do this lots of times in my time. I hope this has helped you and if you require any further help on this matter I am here to help. Also if you require assistance in the future you can contact me via my profile on this site and I will be happy to help you again. Please rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I get paid. And any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you in advanceNathan