Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a Volvo Penta*****which has stalled the

Customer Question

I have a Volvo Penta*****which has stalled the engine when in forward gear but runs normally in reverse
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This will require a scan tool or dealers computer to plug into your model to read out the codes to diagnose and repair this fault.This may be an issue with a control solenoid in the transmission/gear box at fault needing replaced.Having the codes checked will help locate and repair this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pete! It is really a marine technician required to sort this problem. All the folks to whom we have spoken are baffled by this matter. Perhaps you have a Volvo marine expert who could advise on this matter?.......... Jeff
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete