Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

320d: . My car is BMW E46 320d 2003. While aircon is turn

Customer Question

Hi. My car is BMW E46 320d 2003. While aircon is turn on to auto mode and low temperature is set the cold air is going out from the centre vents but from the footwell and windscreen warm.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be due to a fault with a temp actuator or mode actuator on the heater/ac box itself.I have seen these actuators fail before in the past needing replaced.If you have not had the actuators checked/tested and the fault codes checked using a scan tool or computer that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here this needs done.If any codes are set for any actuator issues most likely the coded actuator needs replaced to correct this here.In some cases all that is needed is a scan tool compatible with your model plugged into your vehicle to calibrate the actuators to correct this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Diagnostic computer shows "additional pump water-short circuit in the system to ground
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately I dont have access to the codes on this model here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete