Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Len micra auto power steering failed three times in 12 months

Customer Question

len micra auto power steering failed three times in 12 months i.e. the original after 150000 ***** ***** and the two new replacements
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: nothing except that you park up ok and then when you start up again the steering has failed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionOk, have you flushed the entire power steering system as dirty fluid can cause new pumps to fail prematurely. Also, how is it failing each time - whinning, not pump fluid, etc.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No noise no indications prior to failure all fresh oil and new parts fitted by professional mechanics
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, do you know if they have tested the pressures in the lines as well as test the rack and pinion unit for issues?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes there were no problems found
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,How many miles or months between the last 2 failures
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
5 months between 1st and 2nd replacement and 5 and half after 2nd replacement
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, I will have to opt out on this as I dont see any reason for the failures since the rest of the system has been tested and are good. If another expert knows of something else that would cause it, they will post here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I regret to say that this has been no help whatsoever and a complete waste of time and money Sorry