Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

DPF light flashing... Local mechanic did regeneration then

Customer Question

DPF light flashing... Local mechanic did regeneration then changed oil afterwards and the reset DPF data, light came on again a week later and we did same thing and also got DPF cleaned but it's now flashing again...??
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Car seems to be driving fine, can be quite dead when engine is cold but once engine is warm, there is plenty of power
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mazda Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When put on local mechanic computer, Fault P2459 came up, the regeneration frequency of the DPF is not ok.. No symptom.. Current
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This can be an issue with a plugged DPF itself.I have seen these restrict in some cases to where they cannot be cleaned or may appear to be clean but is restricted and the DPF itself needs replaced.I have seen this quite a few times before.I have also seen issues with the exhaust sensors before or after the DPF send incorrect signals causing this issue here.I would have these checked into to see if you need a new DPF or any exhaust sensors to correct this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete