Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 20+ yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.
27720961

Radio says wait one hour after a power cut out, can you please

Customer Question

radio says wait one hour after a power cut out, can you please help
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Welcome to ja.com.I hope I can help you today. When the battery goes flat or is disconnected what happens is the radio well forget it's code as a security feature. It well even do this if the radio is removed for some reason so that if it is stolen the person cannot just put it in another car. To be able to put the code in it usually gives you a couple of tries first before asking you to wait an hr. But if it is saying wait one hr you have to wait with the ignition on and radio on for an hr so then it will reset itself enabling you to put the code in again. But if the wrong code is put in again it will make you wait longer again. If the wrong code is put in too many times the radio will lock you out completely though. I hope this has helped you. If you require help again in the future Please don't hesitate to contact me on here and I will endeavour to help again. Please rate my answer as this is how I get paid and any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you in advanceNathan