Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have bmw x5 4.8 is and have 3 light symbols on dash 4x4 abs

Customer Question

i have bmw x5 4.8 is and have 3 light symbols on dash 4x4 abs and handbrake 2 yellow 4x4 abs and red handbrake i have gt1 dis laptop software but it says data transfer to unit faulty i have sent my abs ecu module away for repair and they said that it wasnt faulty and working correctlybut i still cant communicate with abs dsc8my mot has ran out and an abs symbol on dash is an instant fail my ehc2 fuse is disconnected i have also replaced the transfer box actuator motor as this failed months ago so have been using it as a 2 wd but i purchased a range rover l322 actuator motor which i think is the same so my question is i need to get rid of the abs symbol from my dash right now so i can book it for an mot pleasei think problem would benefit a bmw technician not just a mechanic regards ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have bmw x5 4.8 is and have 3 light symbols on dash 4x4 abs and handbrake 2 yellow 4x4 abs and red handbrake i have gt1 dis laptop software but it says data transfer to unit faulty i have sent my abs ecu module away for repair and they said that it wasnt faulty and working correctlybut i still cant communicate with abs dsc8my mot has ran out and an abs symbol on dash is an instant fail my ehc2 fuse is disconnected i have also replaced the transfer box actuator motor as this failed months ago so have been using it as a 2 wd but i purchased a range rover l322 actuator motor which i think is the same so my question is i need to get rid of the abs symbol from my dash right now so i can book it for an mot pleasei think problem would benefit a bmw technician not just a mechanic
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, this could be an issue in the data communication lines. Does your laptop software do BMW diagnostic testing? And are there any actual fault codes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi my laptop is bmw specific gt1 dis and inpa progman i havent got any codes as i cant communicate with the abs ecu module which has been tested and is working normally so if i could communicate with the abs ecu module i could then go on to diagnose a wheel speed sensor or similar
now i dont know if this is related but i do have a vtg transfer box is which states calibration not carried out i go through the process on the laptop which stores a code for the calibration of 54c4 then it goes through the process and states resistor will be reset in next stage was is set to invalid i click yes then it says transfer case will be reset in next stage and it states reset but couldnt be completed without other issues
i also have my air suspension pump disconnected as this has an issue so am wandering whether they all rely on each other to work so i can get rid of the abs 4x4 and handbrake symbol of my dash
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have just noticed i have paid £19 and have only received a response that is the same as in my question i thought i would get a direct messaging link with a pro technician but i feel i am being led away from original webpage promising not what i am getting so whats going on please it said pay £3 deposit then £16 if satisfied with answer and i ahvent had an answer but money debited according to my account
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
eric you online now i am not familiar with this service should you be messaging me direct