Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Have Mercedes ml and the parking sensors seem to have switched

Customer Question

Have Mercedes ml and the parking sensors seem to have switched off. How do we get them back on? Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The back sensors stopped working. We went out to try and fix and somehow have managed to switch the front ones off as they not working now either.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually they will switch off when the control unit/ecu detects a fault with one or more of the sensors front or back.I would have the sensors tested/checked (this usually requires a dealers sds machine or a scan tool that can plug into your model and do this here) to see if any of the sensors need replaced.The fault codes also need checked with a compatible scan tool or dealers sds machine to see if any codes are set that will help diagnose and locate this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete