sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I'm ***** ***** I've got a snapped bonnet release cable on

Customer Question

I'm ***** ***** I've got a snapped bonnet release cable on a Mk1 Yaris Verso
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: and a flat battery so I can't drive it to a garage
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!What will need to be done to get the hood open will depend on where the cable is broke. If it's broken inside at the handle area and there isn't an issue with the latch or something of that nature then you should be able to grab what's left of the cable with pliers and pop it open.If the cable is broken in the engine compartment then you'll need to access the latch from outside the vehicle. This will need to be done through the grille opening using whatever means necessary. You'll need to try and locate where the cable attaches to the latch linkage and use something such as a screwdriver, radiator hose pick, coat hanger, etc to move the linkage in the same direction the cable would.Keep in mind that you could connect jumper cables underneath in a pinch as long as you're careful. You can connect the ground to any unpainted metal part on the engine or transmission, and the red cable to the positive terminal on the starter.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry - that's even less help than what I've been able to glean from Toyota Owners' forums. Do I contact PayPal to get my money back?
Maybe I'm not clear on what your question was then. What kind of help were you looking for?