Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

I have a 2005 Traffic 1.9 When i start it it will run for

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2005 Traffic 1.9 When i start it it will run for about 6 secs then cut out and no throttle response. But will start straight away again then cut out after 6 secs again.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes thanks Dave
JA: Anything else I can tell the Renault Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that i know of
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question This sounds like a possible problem with the immobilizer if equipped with antitheft. Is the antitheft/security light on or blinking? If so, try a spare key and if still not staying cranked, disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to reset the system and then reconnect and try to crank it to see if it stays running