Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Jaguar xk8: morning this is jeff i have a problem with my jag

Customer Question

morning this is jeff i have a problem with my jag xk8 1996 hope u can help. As i look at the car from the front the left bank of chains the primary had become lose on stripping engine down i found the bottom tensioner had stop working i also noticed the top tensioners had been change for new type so top of engine had been apart before. But when i tried to turn engine to top dead center i noticed that when i line up flats to 12 oclock on the left bank that the right bank of flats is off by a few degrees i have now change all tensioners and guides but did not put new chains on but problem is still their how can i correct this without damaging engine thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I would check for any other damaged or worn timing components causing this mis alignment here if you can.I have seen worn gears that can cause this to be off a little before.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete