Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

JA: . How can we help? Customer: I have subaru

Customer Question

Hello!
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have subaru impreza GH body, year 2008 thats giving the DTC P0172 SYSTEM TOO LEAN (BANK 1) code.Engine swapped from 1.5l to 2.0l, ECU data updated for new one.I got Freeze Frame Data:- engine coolant temperature 86C- ST Fuel Trim B1 37.5%- LT Fuel Trim B1 0.0%- Pressure 52 kPa- Speed 50km/h- Air intake temperature 22C- Mass air flow 9.13g/sec- Fuel level input 39.6%- Barometric Pressure 99 kPa- Ambient temperature 3CIs it normal?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no
JA: No worries. You and the mechanic can figure that out together. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: no
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: yes, power dropped
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionHow does it idle - smooth or erraticAny noticable driveability issues Please remember that I am not there and may need to ask for more information or clarification at times
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi
Idle is smooth. Engine start is quite obstructed, but not always.Driveability issues:Random power drop,Live Data:
Speed 0 km/hrs (idle)
Air intake temp 6c
Airflow 1.77 g/sec
Ambient temp 3CUsual idle Airflow is 1.5-1.7g/sec less then required 2.0 g/sec as per service manual:
(Is the measured value 1.5 — 4.0 g/s (0.20 — 0.53 lb/m) (1.5 L model), or 2.0 — 5.0 g/s (0.26 — 0.66 lb/m) (2.0 L model)?)Air intake temperature can obtain 30-40 deg during ambient temp about 3-4 deg
As per service manual normal value - Subtract ambient temperature from intake air temperature. Is the obtained value −10 — 50°C (−18 — 90°F)?Looks like MAF sensor works incorrectly, but I'm not sure...As I understand MAF sensors for 1.5l and 2.0l engine are same type and data depends on air duct pipe size where it's installed. Engine was swapped with air intake system.Thanks in advance,
Natalia
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
Hi,Thanks for all the additional information. Based upon all the data, the MAF sensor is indeed not operating correctly. You can try cleaning with electronics cleaner, but based upon the numbers, I dont think it will resolve it and will need to be replaced
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks