sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a Toyota mr2 ***** ***** 1, it has an aftermarket

Customer Question

hi I have a Toyota mr2 ***** ***** 1, it has an aftermarket immobiliser and alarm that I think stopping it starting, I have changed the fuel pump as that was faulty and everything else seems ok
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the engine starts once the battery has been disconnected and reconnected , runs for about 2 seconds and then dies
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It does sound as if the problem may be with the aftermarket alarm. If the engine dies abruptly like the key was turned off then there is a good chance it's because the alarm is killing the engine.

Do you now have proper fuel pressure?

Have you checked for fault codes?
Does the alarm respond when pressing the disarm/unlock button on the fob?