sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

This morning my new (100km driven) 2016 Subaru Forester XT

Customer Question

Hello, this morning my new (100km driven) 2016 Subaru Forester XT didn't start. Pressed the start button (foot on the brake) system lit up, but no engine crank. Trying to find more issues regarding this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Seems like the start engine is not activating, power is there, as navigator and all other systems power up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that the brake pedal was pressed a couple times with the engine off, depleting the vacuum in the brake booster and now you're not easily able to push the pedal, which would then require a harder press to move the pedal enough for the brake switch contacts to close and allow the engine to crank.

When you press the pedal do the brake lights come on now?