Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I hope you can help. and I own a 96 k11 with a CVT gearbox.

Customer Question

Hello there I hope you can help. My name is ***** ***** I own a 96 k11 with a CVT gearbox. Sometimes when I set off the car seems fine and then I lose all drive to wheels. I'll pull over and after moving gear selector through all options I finally regain drive. This sometimes happens 2 or 3 times before it stops and then the car behaves as normal. Just tried your fault Diagnostic's....blink code says no fault. Please help.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'd like to fix the problem myself. But I'm not a mechanic.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Nothing I can think off. It's completely standard, no mods.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the transmission valve body acting up needing repaired or replaced or possibly an issue with a solenoid at fault in the transmission.The transmission/gear box will need inspected further to locate the source of the fault here and then from there repaired to correct this issue.This may require a transmission/gear box repair facility to remove it to inspect it internally to locate any hard to see issues needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete