Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

It's ***** *****. Gone to use my car this morning and the

Customer Question

Hi it's ***** *****. Gone to use my car this morning and the engine is turning over when I turn the key but not starting. I have messed with the key fob though, which I'm guessing has caused the problem. The buttons on my key fob have fallen out and then the actual buttons inside gave up. So I've been using the rounded edge of a safety pin to make the connection to open and shut the doors using the keyfob
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought spares online and they turned up this morning. In my hast I've pulled my original apart and replaced the buttons and also the battery in the fob thinking might as well replace that while its apart. Can lock and unlock with the fob fine. Jumped into the car to start it up and just getting the motor turning and that's it. I've looked online and figured I'd reset the to factory settings on the car as this worked last time the cars battery was removed but can't follow the correct procedure because I can't get the windows to go down now, both front windows refuse to go down. Help.....please
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Peugeot Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any ideas
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

hi im kevin which part of key have you replaced ?can you split open key and send me a picture of the inside of both parts?