Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Renault megane 1600 16 valve automatic. Miss fire engine

Customer Question

Renault megane 1600 16 valve automatic. Miss fire engine light flashes and check gearbox light on. Changed coils and plugs drove fine no miss fire or lights for 20-25 miles. Now miss fire back and engine light flashes saying check injection. Check gearbox light back on too. Do you think this could be an injector fault?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It is possible that this is an injector fault or possibly an issue with the wiring to the coils or injectors,I would start with checking for any wiring faults and if any are found the affected wiring will need repaired to correct this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. I would have the injectors tested to see if one or more need replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete