Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2005 vw sharan 1.9 to automatic or maybe semi

Customer Question

I have a 2005 vw sharan 1.9 to automatic or maybe semi automatic with 127000 miles done.When I am doing about 35mph I get a kick back and some gears like 3-4 rev high and generally jerky.When I'm in 5th doing 60mph car drives great.Do I need work done to the gearbox or something?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with a shift solenoid or sensor in the transmission/gear box or an issue with the valve body in the transmission/gear box itself.What needs to be done here first is to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair any faults.I suspect one of these may be the cause here due to the common failure of them.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete