Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech
Experience:  15 yr Master VW/AUDI Technician Shop Foreman
19871424

My names ***** *****. I have a 2012 Passat CC which is

Customer Question

Hi, my names ***** *****. I have a 2012 Passat CC which is telling me various lights etc are not working at the tail, however when checked they're working ok except for the reversing lights, my boot won't open either by fob or interior switch in the car. I've checked all the fuses as there's no diagram!!! Can you advise which fuses are used for the lights plus boot etc, it certainly seems like an electrical fault!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really, as already described it's strange. The dashboard warning light is saying the lights aren't working.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

it is a common issue that the trunk harness needs to be replaced due to chaffing and broken wires due to the harness flex at the hinge area.

once the harness is replace you will get the lights and trunk functions will work like it did before!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang