Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My name is ***** ***** my issue is regarding my jeep zj,

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** my issue is regarding my jeep zj
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: went out in my jeep this morning and it was fine. stopped at a friends house, when I came to leave I had no ignition lights only abs light, car started but then cut out,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing to do here if this has not been done already is to check and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery as well as to where they lead to.If any issues are found with the cables or connections at all this will need corrected.Make sure the battery has a good full charge in it as well.

If these are all o.k. this sounds like a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail on several models in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.I would have this switch tested to see if for sure it is the cause needing replaced.It may not be sending all of the voltage or data signals on all of its internal switched circuits which will result in this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete