sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

How do I take the immobiliser of on my Hyundai terracan

Customer Question

Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The immobilizer system isn't something you can remove from the vehicle and have the vehicle operate. If you were to remove the immobilizer module it would have the same effect as it being in place and not functional. The engine controller and other modules would retain memory that the module should be there and would still prevent the engine from starting.

A scan tool is going to be needed to diagnose the issue, which could be the key itself or the module, possibly a vehicle communications issue or it's possible that the problem is with the ECM rather than the immobilizer system itself. If you have a second key see if it will start the engine, if so then the key you're having trouble with has failed and will need to be replaced.