Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Just changed the clutch in a y plate mr2 now won't start.

Customer Question

Just changed the clutch in a y plate mr2 now won't start. It's saying it's stuck in gear s4
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Got full ignition. Car is an auto but won't start because it's stuck in gear
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We plugged in our diagnosis computer because there is a transmission warning light on dash but so far unable to read any faults in ecu
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: It's just had a clutch replaced
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would inspect the area the work was done to see if anything was left loose or damaged at all.If a fault is found then it will need to be corrected to resolve this issue here.If this is all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete