Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Im! have an issue with my self leveling suspension on E61 it

Customer Question

hi im kim! have an issue with my self leveling suspension on E61 it lets passenger side all the way down on the suspension. The comressor runs fine, doesnt overheat and does not run for more than 30sec. it is an intermittent fault...suddently it will level. Inhave checked and confirmed no leaks in hoses, valves or suspension. i have replaced level sensors on both sides, double valve on comressor but nothing seems to fix it. i figure it the controller or the relay...what do you think?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just wrote one before you replied:)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have replaced the level sensors and confirmed no suspension components leaking here at all this can indicate either a wiring fault leading from the level sensors to the control unit or an internal control unit fault.I would check for any damaged wires or connections needing repaired.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. I suspect the control unit itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete