Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Toyota avensis the break is hard

Customer Question

Toyota avensis the break is hard
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this is the brake pedal that is stiff this can be due to a fault with the brake master cylinder at fault needing replaced as it can fail internally or an issue with the brake booster itself as it can also fail internally causing this here.

You will need to have the brake system components tested to locate which is the cause here and then from there those components found at fault will need replaced to correct this issue here.

I have had to replace both in some cases if the master cylinder has leaked into the brake booster.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete