Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Castrol CVT claims to meet requirements of Nissans NS2, I

Customer Question

Castrol CVT claims to meet requirements of Nissans NS2 , I have a Murano that I bought from the sale cheap and of course it has transmission issues. I just had it serviced and they put Castrol in it as they said it meets requiremnts. The fluid that was in it previous was red so I assume it wasn't correct either. The car drives it just acts funny sometimes at low speeds or take off shutters a little, not all the time. I was just wandering if the fluid could make that difference in transmission acting up?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the incorrect fluid is installed this can cause the issue you see here now.I have seen the incorrect fluid installed in the past before cause this issue here with the fluid needing replaced again with the correct fluid type.You want to make sure the NS-2 fluid is used as any others can cause issues.Here is the info and disclaimer for this here:

Recommended CVT fluid ........................... Genuine Nissan CVT fluid NS-2 NOTE: Using Automatic Transmission fluid other than Genuine Nissan CVT fluid NS-2 will cause deterioration in driveability and CVT Transmission durability, and may damage the CVT Transmission, which is not covered by the NISSAN new vehicle limited warranty

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete