Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Norm Pearl I was coming, To work and my light came on its

Customer Question

Norm Pearl I was coming
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: To work and my light came on its not flashing but on solid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can I'm no mechanic though
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: Yeah I recently had my dpf light flashing took the car to Mazda's in Swansea had the job fixed was told I need a new tyre too which I had done at another garage but since all that my engine ready light came on
JA: Our top Mazda Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mazda Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mazda Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The engine light coming on indicates the engine computer has detected a fault with one or more components on the engine or transmission/gearbox itself.There are a large number of different sensors and components that will cause this issue here.What will have to be done is to have a scan tool/computer plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

If once the codes are read out the fault is found to be related to the repairs that were previously done then I would see if the repair facility that did the previous work will cover the costs for diagnosis and repair or at least help with the cost.But the codes do need checked to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete