EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience

Wife's 2016 Elantra. Yesterday when she pulled it into

Customer Question

Wife's 2016 Elantra. Yesterday when she pulled it into garage and hit the Start/Stop button, it would not turn off. Today when she got into it and pressed the button, it would not start or turn over, She said the dash lights, radio and other accessories were lighted and working. Any ideas?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have to do something in order to get it out of the garage - it is nose in and would be difficult to tow if it won't come out of park.
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: No, It has about 8000 miles on it and has had the 1st dealer maintenance. All systems worked good until now.
JA: Our top Hyundai Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Hyundai Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Hyundai Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.

Hi. There may be a problem with the start/stop switch. But to get the car to start to get it to the dealer, there should be a slot either in the center console, or glove box where you can place the key fob and then try to get the vehicle started. Refer to the owners manual. Try this and let me know if that works for you first. Thanks