Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Peugeot 307 1.6 2002 Auto stopped at Traffic Lights engine

Customer Question

Peugeot 307 1.6 2002 Auto stopped at Traffic Lights engine cutout and has not started since it went into Economy Mode driver window stopped working
It had a new Battery fitted in November it turns over like its not getting any petrol
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This may be an issue with a loose or corroded or damaged battery cable at the battery or leading to the battery needing repaired or replaced.

I have also seen the alternator/generator cause this as well needing replaced.One other common component can be a component like the crank sensor as most engines use that can fail to send the correct signal and cause a stall out and no start issue.

Having the fault codes checked will help locate and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry but found out the Cam Belt busted.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

No problem.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know so we can continue as I strive to achieve an o.k. to excellent rating.

Thanks Pete