Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2003 ford transit. I noticed the rear o/s tail

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2003 ford transit. I noticed the rear o/s tail light was blown. I've changed this and is now okay. I also changed the rear n/s fog light but after doing this the n/s tail light stopped working although the break light on the same bulb was fine. I've changed the bulb and still the same problem. Is this likely to be a fuse (running only 1 light), if so which fuse is it? Or a loose wire?
Thanks
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Both filaments on the bulb are fine and unbroken.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

First make sure the correct bulbs were used as this can cause the issues here.If you know for sure the correct bulbs were used check the bulb sockets and make sure they are not corroded or damaged in any way needing replaced.If these are all o.k. then I would inspect the wiring at and leading to the light socket for any issues needing repaired.You may have to trace the wiring to inspect it fully for any faults.If these are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete