Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Message reads "Parking Brake Fault" and engine won't start.

Customer Question

Message reads "Parking Brake Fault " and engine won't start. Renault Scenic
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Dashboard Message reads "Parking Brake Fault " and engine won't start. Renault Scenic
JA: Is there anything else the Renault Mechanic should be aware of about your Renault?
Customer: Nob
JA: Our top Renault Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Renault Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Renault Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the computers have detected a fault with the parking brake system on some models this can disable starting.What needs done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool or computer that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.If you can get this done this will help locate this fault here.If this is an electronic parking brake this can be something like an actuator at fault or similar needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. I got a mechanic to the vehicle. He put on a tester on the battery. The battery had lost a couple of "cells" which caused the electrics to kick up various notification messages on the dashboard. Apparently on these mainly computerised cars of today they can't respond unless the battery has full power. The battery has been changed and all is now working.
Thanks for your response and much appreciate you taking the time to contact me.
All the best.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

That is great to hear it has been located and repaired.The battery does have to be a good battery on the newer computerized models in order for the vehicle to operate properly anymore.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete