Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My trunk latch has got stuck in a locked position. I have

Customer Question

My trunk latch has got stuck in a locked position. I have bought a new latch but need to open the trunk to replace it. How can I disengage the lock while the trunk is still shut? The car is an Audi A4 2004 1.6
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the key or electronic release will not open the trunk/release the latch to open the trunk usually a lock smith would have to come out with their tools to open the trunk for you as the best option here.In some cases the trunk cylinder has to be drilled out to then try and manually release the latch with a flat blade tool then the latch and the cylinder replaced.Unfortunately there isnt an easy repair for a fault like this here and this is usually how this is opened to replace the latch.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete