Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a 1.9cdti zafira 150bhp it won't start unless u give

Customer Question

I have a 1.9cdti zafira 150bhp it won't start unless u give it a sniff ticks over ok wen at 3000rpm starts to serge had new injectors and egr no fault codes wen plugged in
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a lack of fuel causing the issues here.This can be due to a restricted fuel filter,leaking or damaged fuel lines leading from the fuel tank to the filter or injection pump or a fault with the pump itself not producing enough fuel pressure.I have seen all of these besides the fuel injectors cause this type of fault here needing replaced.

The fuel system will need to be tested further to locate which component is the cause here and then from there it can be repaired/replaced to correct this fault.Inspect for any small fuel leaks as the smallest leak will cause this fault as I have seen and had to repair before.If no leaks are found then the rest of the fuel system will need tested to pinpoint and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete