Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I replaced GEM in my Mondeo mk3 2003 with one I got from

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I replaced GEM in my Mondeo mk3 2003 with one I got from another Mondy
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Everything Ok but Windscreen wipers aren't working intermittent any more!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Also, alarm horn is "dead"
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Before GEM replacement both were working fine (wipers and alarm horn).
I replaced also central fascia with a facelift one and by that the old hazard lights switch (w/ 4pins) with the new one (with 3 pins) - I connected the two ground wires but the switch light isn't blinking when activated, only when position lams are "ON".
Can you give me a hand to fix these issues?
Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
N.B. Wiring of the hazard lights switch was confirmed OK by local FORD dealer technician
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would double check that the GEM is one that is fully compatible with your model here.The other vehicle may not have had some of the options your model has and this can be why this is occuring here.

IN some cases a dealer can reprogram the GEM to correct a fault like this.If this has been checked into and is not programmable to correct this here and you know for sure the other model had the same options as your vehicle so the GEM should work you may have got a faulty GEM from the other model and it may need replaced again to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete