Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

I have a 2005 rx8 I changed alternator and now car won't

Customer Question

I have a 2005 rx8 I changed alternator and now car won't start. Also only passenger side windo work center console with radio have no power. Can't unlock or lock my car remotely, have to use the key. When I turn the key to on I only hear the relays clicking. All fuses were checked. The light with a car and key insideit also does not come on. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I turn my ignition to on position all the lights come on except the security light. Engine don't turn at all. Tried the spare remote and key and still the same scenario.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, first thing, was battery disconnected before replacing the alternator, and secondly, did you test fuses with a voltmeter or just visually inspect